The NC Apple Growers Association (NCAGA) is a program by the growers and for the growers, and has been in existence since April, 1964. NCAGA gives growers a voice in the protection and advancement of the apple industry, providing education, information, support, advice and fellowship. NCAGA is governed by an all-volunteer board of apple growers and industry advisors and funding for NCAGA comes from an annual assessment North Carolina Apple Growers have voted yes to levy upon themselves since the middle of the 20th century.
Facts about Apples!
NCAGA supports North Carolina Apple Growers by:
- Providing funds for apple research at NC State.
- Cooperating with the NC Department of Agriculture for marketing and advertising.
- Providing a partnership in the NEWA weather network allowing NC growers to connect appropriate weather stations to NEWA at no charge. NEWA provides disease and pest projections using weather data from local farms and select regional weather stations. The modeling tools are available to everyone at no charge.
- Supporting the SE Winter Apple School.
- Interacting and garnering a voice with the NC Legislature.
- Funding an annual membership with US Apple for the state of North Carolina which allows NC apple growers to have a complimentary membership at no charge. US Apple helps shape national policies and events that impact apple growers. US Apple intercedes on events that only a national organization could influence.
- Providing a sponsorship to the NC Apple Festival in Hendersonville.
- Maintaining the NC State Fair Apple Booth.